Job Role: After school Club assistant.
Flying Gulls Nursery is looking for a passionate and organised candidate to assist with After school Club.
Are you energetic, caring, punctual and reliable? Committed to keeping children safe? Would you enjoy inspiring and motivating the young pupils in our After school club?
You will work alongside colleagues who are committed to giving all children the support and care they need to be happy and succeed.
As an After school Club Assistant you will be responsible for delivering a range of activities within the setting. You will also be responsible for the well being of the children in your care.
You will ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children. To ensure the Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed by all staff and users. To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager.
(To be discussed)
The hours would be between the hours of 3.00-5.30 Monday to Friday 12.5 hours a week
(With potential for more hours)
Childcare: level 2/3 and 1 year child care experience (Preferred) But not needed.
· Plan and deliver engaging and fun activities at After school Club
· Provide a safe and secure environment for children at all times.
· Manage and maintain club ratios and registers of all children attending breakfast club.
· Ensure the process of registration of children attending breakfast club is accurately adhered to.
Do you have what we are looking for?
· Be inspirational, bringing fun and creativeness to the team.
· Have a fun and energetic nature.
· Be able to relate and engage with children aged between 4 - 11 years.
· Be a people person with fantastic communication skills.
· Have the ability to motivate others to deliver to the highest standard.
· Have an enhanced DBS check.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to Flying Gulls Nursery, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks.
If you do not hold a level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene in catering you must be prepared to receive food safety awareness training and other appropriate courses.
We will be holding the interview on Thursday the 1st of October
If having read the Job Description and Person Specification you would like an informal discussion about the post please contact Jane Whaley Nursery Manager on 07484722784
Please send your C.V to Jane Whaley at firstname.lastname@example.org
By the 30/09/2020
Interviews will take place on Thursday the 01/10/2020
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.